Burn all the things!



It was my friends' 5th Wedding Anniversary a few days ago. And since the interwebs informed me that "wood" is the traditional gift, I decided to do a woodburning of their favorite Doctor Who companions (who were featured in their wedding cake topper and at their "head table")

I had wanted to put the image on the top of a wooden keepsake box for usefullness, but couldn't find a single one locally. I am informed that the plaque is better because it's easier to hang on the wall. :)

This is my first real woodburning project. I think I might have done something on a camp or girl scout arts and crafts moment back in the day. The tool does take a little getting used to, with the different nibs behaving in different ways and none giving you a clean, fine line for text. (grr)

But I was happy with the way it turned out. And more importantly, so were my friends!

Wishing them many more years together (even though I probably won't be up to the task of glass etching or metalwork/smithing when the next milestone comes around)!

#woodburning #burnallthethings #doctorwho #amypond #rorywilliams #crafts

Comments

  1. You are a Jack of All Traits, right? Sewing, modeling, wood burning,... And all of them look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I did something like this when I was a kid but not nearly as good. Love your creative talent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment