Steamstressing for Horsefeathers Haunts


So I've been pretty quiet on the blog front for the past few months, I know. Adjusting to limited internet access (requiring me to drive the thirteen miles into town to the library to use their wi-fi), and my self-employed and temporary (until I find my own land/place) living status.

I had resigned myself to doing primarily alterations, hemming and the like when I moved back North. But luckily I hooked up with Horsefeathers Haunts, who are preparing for their Grand Opening this October. It's hard to describe exactly what they are... More like Halloween Experience than Haunted Hay Ride (although wagon rides are part of what they'll be offering, I believe... check out their site). Their aesthetic is really creative and fun, featuring a steampunk theme as well as other fantasy and general spooky/scare genres.

At any rate, I've been working on some pieces for their Steampunk costuming/characters... (And having lots of fun doing it! The owner has dubbed me a 'steamstress' and I think I like the title/)

Altering some thrifted garments...

Purple Cordoroy Jacket transformed


Adding details to costumes...

Pink Petticoat and Pinafore for Lolita Dress

Bustle Hoop, Drape & Bow for Purple Dress

Blue Satin Accents & Lifts for Drab Plaid Dress


Deconstructing & Reconstructing...

From Pink Prom Dress to Steampunk Princess
Jacket & Skirt with Salvaged Lace & Beading


Making from scratch...

Woman's Steampunk Jacket

Early 19th Century Military Style Jacket & Vest

Hunter Khaki Jacket & Belt

Pirate Coat

If you're going to be in the Potsdam area during October, definitely check them out!

Comments

  1. Good to hear from you again! And you have such a great creative potential, I love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment