Steampunk Belts & Etc.

And you thought I had stopped steampunking... 


First, a simple raglan-cut dress with ruffle on the bottom, perfect base layer to build a steampunk outfit on. The brown and off-white with metallic gold pinstripe cotton-blend jersey was a perfect fabric for comfy under-dress.


A perennial favourite, I had to make another bustle skirt, and I've had this lovely brown paisley/floral print cotton fabric kicking around for a while. I especially like the little bits of color in the turquoise and pink details.


I was trying to think of a less time-consuming, and therefore less expensive alternative to corsets, harnesses, vests, or corselets, but turns out wide belts with such elaborate trim and details is just as much work as the harness-vests and etc. I make. They just take slightly less fabric (not much less, cost-wise). I really liked how they turned out, however, even they ended up a little larger than I had originally wanted to make them.


[[All items currently available in my etsy shop ;-)]]

Comments

  1. The belts are lovely and it's nice hearing from you again! I guess that you are sewing again indicates that yor health is getting better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the note! My hands are much better than they were, but my right arm/hand will never be completely normal again. I can only do so much sewing (or any activity, really) before it starts to bother me. I have to do a variety of things and avoid the repetitive motion stuff. But, it could be worse!

      Delete

Post a Comment