Sticking It To Winter: A Flannel Dress

McCall's 6331

Chilly temperatures will not hinder my wardrobe choices (to jeans with thermals underneath, and five layers of top, and two pairs of socks). 
I can still look cute with my flannel dress!

I took my vacation around Thanksgiving and went back home (Yay! North Country!) for a week and a bit. Had a good time. Go to see almost all of my family, which was very nice. I did pack a bunch of sewing projects, but only managed to get one completed, and a little bit done on the others. The one being my flannel dress which I wore to Thanksgiving dinner. It is quite cozy (bodice looking a bit bulky being lined with leftover velour) and wonderful and I intend on testing it out for work very soon (to see if it passes the 'cold weather commute by bus and walking' and 'on my feet all day wear' tests).


I need to finish the hand-sewing on the lining for my denim duster... Then I will not have to worry about cold wind cutting through my leggings and freezing my poor legs whilst waiting for the bus, and can wear dresses all the time (pretty excited!) Of course, we're presently in the Christmas Countdown, and I have four more baking projects, one gift to sew, one project to sew (since I will see the recipient at Christmas and can finally give her the finished product), three (or four) gifts to craft, and a partridge in a pear tree... (well, not the partridge, but you get the idea)

Comments

Post a Comment