It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (for costume geeks and fashion freaks...)


In celebration of it officially being the month that culminates in HALLOWEEN! I dragged out my old bohemoth laptop (my new one is currently brain-dead) in order to share this dress which I am super excited about!


Dancing skeletons on black for bodice, sleeves and drapes. Black and white stripe contrast (fussy cut and pieced for diagonal/symmetrical effect). Orange calico for sleeve ruffles and contrast band on skirt. Orange ruffled lace and narrow black flat lace (17 yds for $1 at the Dollar Tree, woo!) trim. Sort of based on the '18th century' variation of the Simplicity Costume staple 3723... shortened skirt, added ruffle, band, drapes custom drafted (to accommodate shorter variant of skirt).

I made this to wear to work, since Halloween is a Monday. However, seeming as our party is probably going to be Sunday night, I should just beg off from work (and not have an excuse to wear this Halloween Lolita-esque dress out in public).

Comments

  1. The whole ensemble is fabulous! But I especially love how you laid out the stripes and then accented them with orange buttons on the bodice. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment