Baby Quilt (I made last month)

I couldn't resist this adorable coordinating fabric (or legitimize a reason for purchasing it). Luckily, a good friend is expecting her first child! Which meant quilting time for me :-)


Fussy cut squares (I probably could've gotten another row out of the fabric, but due to some slight OCD tendencies, I had to have the animals precisely centered). I also fussy cut the corner stones (forty-two 1 1/2"x 1 1/2" squares). I know it's hard to tell, but they're from the brown fabric used in the borders, which would've looked off in such small squares had they been left to random chance)


It's not perfectly straight, but not bad for a pair of scissors. I know see the benefit of a rotary cutter and mat setup... However, I don't do enough quilting to justify it for myself.

Comments