Bohemian (?) Skirt

I saw this fabric  ('silk velvet burnout') online and had to have it, even thought I hadn't the faintest notion of what to do with it...and it's languished for well over half a year in my stash until yesterday when I decided to play with 'shirring' (method with elastic bobbin thread), something I've never tried before. It was quite easy, with a very fun result.

I'm never quite clear on the precise characteristics that define a bohemian piece (besides the standard gypsy skirts and peasant blouses or 'thrift store' look), but that's what popped into my mind whilst making this skirt.

I believe I shall make a burlesque, corset-like top to compliment this skirt (possibly decorating the upper edge with the downy raven feathers I collected so long ago. I haven't decided upon the exact cut/design (specifically, neckline) of the piece).

Comments